Hours: Flexible, approx 15 hrs per week average
Payment: $45 (inclusive of GST if applicable) / hr (via invoice)
Duration: 20 weeks (initial 4 week trial)
Location: flexible but Dubbo and surrounds is preferred to allow event and meeting attendance
Dubbo Filmmakers Incorporated is a not-for-profit created to promote and advance screen content creation and the screen industry in Dubbo and surrounding areas.
Volunteer run, we have been successful in securing a grant thanks to the NSW Department of Regional Development to assist us with implementing our Strategic Plan and are now looking for a versatile Business Development Officer to assist us.
- Work closely with the Dubbo Filmmakers Executive and Committee to implement strategic plan objectives
- Plan and coordinate projects, workshops and events including the annual One Eye Film Festival
- Attend committee meetings (approx once every 2 months)
- Develop a Marketing and Communications Plan to support Strategic Plan objectives
- Develop marketing and promotions activities (website, email and social media)
- Identify and apply for funding opportunities, with the assistance of committee members
- Work with the committee to identify key business development opportunities to attract screen productions to Dubbo and coordinate execution (the actual execution may be outsourced)
- Assist in the development of key stakeholder relationships
- Coordinate website redevelopment (the main development work is being outsourced)
- Coordinate the execution of actions from meetings, etc.
- Report expenditures related to business development activities and provide all receipts.
- Coordinate funding acquittals.
- Provide regular progress reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with wide range of stakeholders
- Experience in event coordination
- Experience in project management
- Ability to work independently
- Track record in successful grant and funding submissions
- ABN and public liability insurance
- Own computer with secure internet access
- Confident using Google Drive (and other cloud-based file management systems)
- Working with Children Check (for paid employment), or eligibility / willingness to obtain
- Project management software (desirable)
- Understanding of creative industries (desirable)
- Based in Dubbo or surrounds (desirable)
We will provide:
- Budget to undertake activities.
- Dubbo Filmmakers email address.
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Resume and cover letter
- A link to a short 30-60 second video about why you’re interested in the position
From there, shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview (which may be online).
Applications close September 12, 2021 although Dubbo Filmmakers reserve the right to commence recruitment prior to the closing date.